- Programs & Initiatives
Scott Weiss Scholarship
About the Scholarship
The Scott Weiss Scholarship, named for THF Founder and Chairman Emeritus, provides T. Howard alumni with financial assistance for their academic and career pursuits. The scholarship is awarded on the basis of merit as defined by the Foundation. It is intended to provide assistance with tuition, required text books and/or expenses related to career development, including conferences sponsored by professional organizations and/or professional development workshops, that help prepare recipients for a career in the media and entertainment industry.
Scholarship awards vary but generally range from $1,000 to $3,000.
Read the FAQs for more information on who is eligible to apply, the application process, when decisions are made, and much more.
September 8, 2016: Online application form opens
October 7, 2016: Official transcript postmark date.
October 10, 2016: Application due date. Application closes at 5:00 pm EST.
APPLY ONLINE TODAY.
Congratulations to the 2015 Scott Weiss Scholarship recipients!
- -Eric Chavous (University of Pittsburgh, MBA and Law student), THF â€™15, Paramount Pictures
- -Nicole Dei (University of Maryland, College Park '16), THF â€™15, NBCUniversal
- -Paul DiNapoli (University of Pennsylvania '17), THF '15, Comcast Corporation
- -Robyn Green (University of Michigan '16), THF â€™15, AMC Networks
- -Ying Ting Hu (SUNY Binghamton University '16), THF '15, AMC Networks
- -Nazifa Nasim (Fordham University '17), THF '15, Discovery Communications
- -Dorisa Rodney (Pennsylvania State University '16), THF '15, NBCUniversal
- -Isabelle Thenor-Louis (Brown University '16), THF '15, Viacom (BET)
- -Lyn Tran (Brown University '17), THF '15, Univision