- Request an Intern
Scott Weiss Alumni Scholarship
Congratulations to the 2013 Scott Weiss Scholarship recipients!
The T. Howard Foundation congratulates the recipients of a 2013 Scott Weiss Scholarship:
- Cristina Recino (Penn State University β14), THF β13, Viacom
- Elizabeth Tillman (Hofstra University β15), THF β13, HBO
- My (Roxy) Dinh (SUNY Binghamton β14), THF β12 and β13, AMC Networks, Fox Entertainment Group
- Tamara Hall (Penn State University β14), THF β13, Comcast Corp.
- Breania Smith (Georgetown University β14), THF β12, HBO
- Kristen Smith (Penn State University β14), THF β12 and β13, AMC Networks, Turner Network Sales
- Brandon Putnam (Georgetown University β14), THF β12, ESPN
- Rene Payan (Georgetown University β14), THF β12, Viacom
- Amina Smith (University of Miami β14), THF β12, DirecTV
- Annie Wilson (Purdue University β15), THF β08, A&E Networks
- Susan Mei (Fordham University β14), THF β13, Showtime Networks
About the Scholarship
The purpose of the Scott Weiss Scholarship is to provide T. Howard alumni with financial assistance for their academic and career pursuits. The scholarship is awarded on the basis of merit as defined by the Foundation. It is intended to provide assistance with tuition, required text books, and/or expenses related to career development, including conferences sponsored by professional organizations and/or professional development workshops, that help prepare recipients for a career in the multimedia and entertainment industry. Scholarship awards vary but can range up to $2,750.
The scholarships are open to all alumni of the T. Howard internship program regardless of interning year who have completed their internships with a favorable evaluation from their Host Company supervisor. A favorable evaluation is one that is void of any rating of βPoorβ or βVery Poorβ and no record of reprimand or dismissal during their summer internship.
Applicants must be: (1) undergraduate students who are sophomores through seniors or (2) graduate students currently enrolled at an accredited college or university. Students who will complete credits required for graduation in December of the application year are eligible.
Alumni who have previously applied for and/or been awarded a Scott Weiss Scholarship can apply again.
Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic merit, internship performance, and demonstrated commitment to pursuing a career in the multimedia and entertainment industry. Factors for consideration will include:
- Minimum GPA of 3.2 overall or in academic major
- Extracurricular activities related to alumniβs major or career interests
- Two (2) Recommendation forms
- Additional criteria, if necessary, established by the Scholarship Subcommittee
Submission and Deadline
The application process begins in early Fall. THF informs all interns in September.
- Applications can be submitted via regular U.S. mail and overnight/express mail.
- Applications cannot be faxed or sent via electronic mail.
- Late and/or incomplete applications will not be considered.