- Programs & Initiatives
Scott Weiss Alumni Scholarship
THF Alumni: Apply today for the Scott Weiss Scholarship. Application deadline is Wednesday, November 5, 2015 at 5 p.m. ET.
About the Scholarship
The purpose of the Scott Weiss Scholarship is to provide T. Howard alumni with financial assistance for their academic and career pursuits. The scholarship is awarded on the basis of merit as defined by the Foundation. It is intended to provide assistance with tuition, required text books and/or expenses related to career development, including conferences sponsored by professional organizations and/or professional development workshops, that help prepare recipients for a career in the media and entertainment industry.
Scholarship awards vary but can range up to $2,750.
The alumni scholarship is named for Scott Weiss, THF Founder and Chairman Emeritus.
Congratulations to the 2014 Scott Weiss Scholarship recipients!
- Jillian Baker (University of Southern California β16), THF β14, Viacom (BET Networks)
- Ramone Farrier (San Jose State University β16), THF β14, HBO
- Alexandria Fontanez (SUNY New Paltz β14), THF β13 and β14, A+E Networks
- Alexandra Givan (University of Maryland, College Park β16), THF β14, National Cable & Telecommunications Association
- Claytia Gonsalves (Georgetown University β15), THF β14, Scripps Networks
- Pearly Hidron (Baruch College β15), THF β14, NBCUniversal
- Gabrielle LeGendre (Penn State University β15), THF β14, Viacom
- Odalis Lopez (University of Maryland, College Park), THF β13 and β14, HBO
- Asia Nelson (Brown University β16), THF β14, BBC Worldwide America
- Danyel Semple (Georgetown University β15), THF β13 and β14, BBC Worldwide America and HBO