- Internship Program
- Request an Intern
- Support Us
Scott Weiss Alumni Scholarship
About the Scholarship
The 2013 Scott Weiss Scholarship Application is now available!
The T. Howard Foundation 2013 Scott Weiss Scholarship application is now open. The Foundation will be awarding merit scholarships to T. Howard Foundation alumni.
The purpose of the Scott Weiss Scholarship is to provide T. Howard alumni with financial assistance for their academic and career pursuits. The scholarship is awarded on the basis of merit as defined by the Foundation. It is intended to provide assistance with tuition, required text books, and/or expenses related to career development, including conferences sponsored by professional organizations and/or professional development workshops, that help prepare recipients for a career in the multimedia and entertainment industry. Scholarship awards vary but can range up to $2,500.
The scholarships are open to all alumni of the T. Howard internship program regardless of interning year who have completed their internships with a favorable evaluation from their Host Company supervisor. A favorable evaluation is one that is void of any rating of â€śPoorâ€ť or â€śVery Poorâ€ť and no record of reprimand or dismissal during their summer internship.
Applicants must be: (1) undergraduate students who are sophomores through seniors or (2) graduate students currently enrolled at an accredited college or university. Students who will complete credits required for graduation in December of the application year are eligible.
Alumni who have previously applied for and/or been awarded a Scott Weiss Scholarship can apply again.
Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic merit, internship performance, and demonstrated commitment to pursuing a career in the multimedia and entertainment industry. Factors for consideration will include:
- Minimum GPA of 3.2 overall or in academic major
- Extracurricular activities related to alumniâ€™s major or career interests
- Two (2) Recommendation forms
- Additional criteria, if necessary, established by the Scholarship Subcommittee
Submission and Deadline
- Applications must be postmarked by Thursday, November 1, 2013
- Applications can be submitted via regular U.S. mail and overnight/express mail.
- Applications cannot be faxed or sent via electronic mail.
- Late and/or incomplete applications will not be considered.