- Internship Program
- Support Us
Associate Software/Systems Engineer (Herndon, VA)
Job Title: Associate Software/Systems Engineer; Full-Time Position; Relocation not included.
Eligible: Bachelor’s degree Computer Science (Master’s degree in CS a plus); GPA 3.0+; and 1-2 years of work experience; experience with systems integration, C++, and Ruby; a solid understanding of all phases of the SDLC and a good grasp of network protocols and network troubleshooting skills
If qualified and interested please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Thursday, June 7, 2012 at 5:00 PM.
The Systems Engineering team is focused on the systems supplying high-speed data, voice-over-IP (VOIP) and Wi-Fi service to host company customers. Essential job functions include software development, systems integration, systems development, network troubleshooting, and automation of device provisioning. Engineers are expected to contribute during all phases of the software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Software development will be done primarily on the UNIX and Linux platforms
- Some of the host company’s systems interact with Cable Modems (CMs), Multimedia Terminal Adapters (MTAs) and Cable Modem Termination Systems (CMTSs)
- These systems also interact with a variety of back-end systems using various protocols
- Much of the work will consist of Systems Integration using JMS, SOAP and Http/Https
- Experience with systems integration, C++, Ruby
- A good candidate will have a solid understanding of all phases of the SDLC, a good grasp of network protocols and network troubleshooting skills.
- Assist project managers in the development of project requirements and translate them into technical requirements. Author functional specifications individually or as part of a team
- Design and develop solutions that include software development using various languages, determine hardware requirements and author documentation
Please note: All potential candidates will be required to take an assessment (programming) test.