- Internship Program
- Support Us
About the Scholarship
The T. Howard Foundation 2012 Scott Weiss Scholarship application is now available. The Foundation will be awarding merit scholarships to T. Howard Foundation alumni.
The purpose of the Scott Weiss Scholarship is to provide T. Howard alumni with financial assistance for their academic and career pursuits. The scholarship is awarded on the basis of merit as defined by the Foundation. It is intended to provide assistance with tuition, required text books, and/or expenses related to career development, including conferences sponsored by professional organizations and/or professional development workshops, that help prepare recipients for a career in the multimedia and entertainment industry. Scholarship awards vary but can range up to $2,000.
The scholarships are open to all alumni of the T. Howard internship program regardless of interning year who have completed their internships with a favorable evaluation from their Host Company supervisor. A favorable evaluation is one that is void of any rating of âPoorâ or âVery Poorâ and no record of reprimand or dismissal during their summer internship.
Applicants must be: (1) undergraduate students who are sophomores through seniors or (2) graduate students currently enrolled at an accredited college or university. Students who will complete credits required for graduation in December of the application year are eligible.
Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic merit, internship performance, and demonstrated commitment to pursuing a career in the multimedia and entertainment industry. Factors for consideration will include:
- Minimum GPA of 3.2 overall or in academic major
- Extracurricular activities related to alumniâs major or career interests
- Recommendation form
- Review of Internship Performance Evaluation completed by host company supervisor
- Additional criteria, if necessary, established by the Scholarship Subcommittee
Submission and Deadline
- Applications must be postmarked by Thursday, November 1, 2012 (due to Hurricane Sandy office closure deadline extended to Nov 16th)
- Applications can be submitted via regular U.S. mail and overnight/express mail.
- Applications cannot be faxed or sent via electronic mail.
- Late and/or incomplete applications will not be considered.